Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KP KP is offline

Default add ins and templates - word 2007

I can't find any of these - for example, there is nothing in "autotext",
there is no page x of y option, etc -- the only template I have is standard
document. Do I need to download this or what?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:31:16 -0800, kp
wrote:

I can't find any of these - for example, there is nothing in "autotext",
there is no page x of y option, etc -- the only template I have is standard
document. Do I need to download this or what?

I can't tell from your post whether you know where to look but there's
nothing there, or whether you haven't found the right buttons to push.

AutoText in Word 2007 is now part of the Building Blocks feature. On
the Insert ribbon, in the Text group, click the Quick Parts button and
select the Building Blocks Organizer.

Some of the things that used to be AutoText entries supplied with Word
are now Building Blocks of other kinds -- for example, the header and
footer page number entries are now in the various Page Numbers
galleries. There isn't any default AutoText, but you can still create
your own. You can select any piece of a document and press Alt+F3 just
as in Word 2003. If you want the AutoText dialog, you'll have to add
the button for it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

The Page X of Y construct is in the Page Number gallery (also on the
Insert ribbon), but with bold numbers. For the procedure to build your
own Building Blocks the way you want them, see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f60bad2?hl=en&.

If you already knew all this but you don't have any entries in your
Building Blocks or Page Numbers galleries, you may have a corrupted
copy of Building Blocks.dotx. Find it in your profile, probably at
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033\Building Blocks.dotx, and
move it to a different folder. (Just renaming it won't prevent Word
from trying to load it.) Then restart Word, which will make a new copy
of the master version in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\Document Parts\1033 folder (don't remove that one!).
If that works, you can delete the old version from wherever you moved
it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman