Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Goran Ivanic Goran Ivanic is offline

Default Cannot install german language support for english Word 2003 installation

I am getting the well known "Cannot find proofing tool for german (Germany)" error popup when
I opened a Word document with Word 2003.

According to some recommendations I went to menu

Start-Programs-MsOffice-MsOfficeTools-Ms Office 2003 Language Settings

After analyzation of the current MsOffice installation a dialog pops up
where on the right (="already installed") side german is already listed but greyed out/disabled.

Maybe this is because I used an english MsOffice 2003.

So I have I problem: I cannot add german (Germany) from the left side to the right
side because it already exists. Moreover I cannot remove it (for later re-adding)
on the right side because it is disabled.

Why ist german greyed out/disabled ?

How can I otherwise add "german (Germany)" language support ?

By the way: Adding "german (Austria)" language support does NOT help/remove my
original "Missing proofing tool" problem.

Why are hundreds of languages available on the left side but not "german (Germany)"?

Is the language support for one language embedded in a single file which I could take from another
computer and copy it to the local installation ?

Goran