Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default how do you create a fillable document in word 2007?

I have "fillable" documents (text fields, check box fields etc. )that were
created in earlier versions of Word. I am able to use them in Word 2007, but
cannot edit them or spell check them. I am also unable to find a way to
re-create the document in the 2007 format. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, go to Office Button | Word Options | Popular and check the box
for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." On the Developer tab, in the
Controls group, the last icon on the left is Legacy Controls, which include
most of the buttons found on the Forms toolbar in earlier versions.
Egregiously absent is the Protect Form (padlock) button, but you can add
this to the QAT by selecting the Lock command in All Commands in Word
Options | Customize.