Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hrast Hrast is offline

Default Word 2007 to look like previous versions

How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Hrast,

The legacy toolbars and interface are not available in Word 2007.
Many of the Word 2003 keyboard shortcuts still work, including the alt keys for the old menu choices

In Word help (F1) search on commands (in Officeline help) or
Ribbon in online help to get to the interactive was/is guide and keyboard shortcut listings.

==================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Uninstall it and re-install 2003! Otherwise get used to the new look.

Hrast wrote:
How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jwalker jwalker is offline

Wow. How arrogant that MS would not provide a way for the user to personalize
the Word 2007 interface to work like the Word 2003 interface.

In XP and Vista, the user is allowed to use the "classic" Start Menu (which
I do).

I don't understand why legacy Word users have to *get used* to the new look.

And I don't understand why MS thought this new look was an improvement.
What did they base that assumption on?

I just installed Office 2007 Pro last night in order to take a class on
Excel. I plan on uninstalling it today, reinstalling 2003 Pro except for
Excel. I'll install Excel 2007 because the class requires that version.

Hrast wrote:
How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hating Word 2007 Hating Word 2007 is offline

Many, many people told me NOT to upgrade to Office 2007 because I would hate
Word. But I got a new computer with Windows 7 and decided it was time to make
the change to the latest Office version, too. Now I really wish I had
listened to other users advice...because I absolutely hate Word 2007. Some
program features and chronic glitches may have been fixed but the user
interface stinks. It's looks like a goofy grammar school program and the
buttons I use are gone.

I'm a professional writer who's been using Word since the beginning and find
this complete revamp without the ability to go back to a classic style
ridiculous. I don't like it, I can't change it, so I'm stuck with it. I
believe one respondent called it MS arrogance, and I absolutely agree.

I will do as others did with me, tell everyone considering the upgrade not
to do it. I strongly recommend MS drop the arrogance and offer users the
option to go back to the simple, clean, customizable Word 2003 look and feel.
At the very least, give us the option to customize what appears in the
(blech!) ribbon.

Sign me...

Irritated

"Hrast" wrote:

How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Give it a bit of time.

Admitedly the more you knew just where everything was on the old version,
the harder it may seem to change, but after a little while, it (mostly) all
falls into place.
--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"Hating Word 2007" Hating Word wrote in
message ...

"Hrast" wrote:

How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

"Hrast" wrote:
How can I easily make Word 2007 to llok like earlier versions?
is there any function to do this?- Hide quoted text -

Word2007 is what it is and I suppose like the early days of automatic
transmissions it has been met with a lot of resistance. Is it
better? That I suppose will always be determined by the opinion of
the individual user. I think it is, but I didn't always think that
way.

You can never make it look and act exactly like Word2003, but you can
come close. One way is to put a template Add-In in the Start-up
directory that contains a ribbon customization script to duplicate the
menu in Word2003. See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Menu_Controls.htm
and the last graphic on that page.