Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ub ub is offline

Default Create a fillable form

Hi
I got a PDF version of a document, that I have converted into Word Document.
But the converted document is in the form of picture in the word document.
I want to have this docuemnt as a fillable word document.
Can anyone help me on this
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

One thing that you can do is put the picture in the Header / Footer layer of
the document and then use Word's form fields in the document layer in the
appropriate locations on the page. I would suggest that you use a table to
help you align the fields on the form.

See also http://www.mousetrax.com/TechPage.html#autoforms in particular the
series "Please fill out this form" parts 1-4. Part 5 connects the form
results to a database which you probably don't need at this point.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"ub" wrote in message
Hi
I got a PDF version of a document, that I have converted into Word Document.
But the converted document is in the form of picture in the word document.
I want to have this docuemnt as a fillable word document.
Can anyone help me on this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, you haven't *converted* the PDF to a Word doc 'cause it quite probably
can't be done:-) What you have is basically a picture inserted into a Word
doc.

If you have Adobe Acrobat 7 or later you *may* be able to generate a Word
doc from the original PDF if it hasn't been protected against doing so.

If you don't have Acrobat one option is to print the PDF, scan it using OCR
software & save in a compatible text format - although you'll lose any
graphic content (including lines, borders) as well as most formatting. You
may also be able to use something like the MS Document Imaging application
(look in the MS Office Tools folder) to grab the raw text content. There
will be a fair amount of revison to be done.

Another possibility is to put the image into the header/Footer positioned as
accurately as possible & use Form fields positioned in the text layer using
tables, etc.

Either way there is a lot of reconstruction to be done. You might just
consider recreating the form in Word from scratch... assuming you are
legitimately entitled to reproduce the form.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"ub" wrote in message
Hi
I got a PDF version of a document, that I have converted into Word
Document.
But the converted document is in the form of picture in the word document.
I want to have this docuemnt as a fillable word document.
Can anyone help me on this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aspencallie aspencallie is offline

Dawn, I am also struggling with a fillable form! Is there a way to "anchor
the fillable box" so that when I tab from cell to cell my curser is
positioned inside the fillable box and not in front of it? Currently, the
curser is just to the left of the box and as you type the shaded area is
moving within the cell...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Aspencallie

"ub" wrote in message
Hi
I got a PDF version of a document, that I have converted into Word Document.
But the converted document is in the form of picture in the word document.
I want to have this docuemnt as a fillable word document.
Can anyone help me on this

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

See http://www.mousetrax.com/TechPage.html#autoforms.

It sounds as though you are not protecting the document.

Fillable Form ub Microsoft Word Help 1 February 26th 07 08:46 PM
Help convert word doc into fillable form LTS Microsoft Word Help 5 December 23rd 06 02:54 AM
How do I creat a fillable form using Word 2003? Janell Microsoft Word Help 2 July 20th 06 12:30 AM
Can you merge info from one document into a fillable form? pdzta Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 06 10:48 PM
How do I create a fillable form that can not be changed by users? cccindy3 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 28th 05 07:09 PM