Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cottage6 cottage6 is offline

Default Advice Needed!

Hello,
I've been asked to revamp 5 employee appraisal forms that had some
underlines in them that moved when typed on, etc. The majority of the forms
use tables for the comments which is good, but I want to make sure I'm
setting these up right the first time.
The first 2 forms use individual tables for each section, so I set the table
header row to repeat in each table, and I do not have "Keep with next"
checked on anything. Each section will have a varying amount of text which
means part of the table can end up on another page. Do I need to check "Allow
row to break across pages"?

The 3rd form I just started looking at has more sections on it and the table
is set up with all the sections in 1 table. Whoever created it used a blank
row to separate sections 6 and 7 so section 7 would move to the top of page
2. I deleted the blank row, section 7 moved to the bottom of page 2. I
checked "Allow row to break across pages" in that section which moved it back
to page 2. The table header is set to repeat. I guess what I'm really asking
is am I doing any of this right or am I going to end up with problems once
the appraisals start being used? Any and all suggestions would be greatly
appreciated! I'm definitely not the Harry Houdini of Word....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Glen (TD DTP) Glen (TD DTP) is offline

I have the perfecr trick for you.

You need to use 'styles' for the title of your section - the best style to
use would be "heading 1".

Modify the "Heading 1" style to your standards, then modify the following:

Format/Paragraph/Line and Page Breaks - Select "Page break before"

This will solve you issues with the table and keep everything neat on the
page.

--
Glen (TD-DTP)
It''''s cold up here in Toronto...

I need some advice! RScotti New Users 21 January 15th 08 07:28 PM
Upgrade advice needed Bao Pu Microsoft Word Help 3 December 26th 07 08:25 PM
newsletter advice Amy Microsoft Word Help 3 September 7th 07 11:23 AM
Spelling and Grammar Status - Advice needed xppuser Microsoft Word Help 7 July 25th 06 06:31 PM
Set-up advice jonilyn Microsoft Word Help 4 January 17th 06 02:36 PM