Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dan00500 dan00500 is offline

Default broken icon for Word 2003 icon

Documents created in Word 2003 that are saved on my computer, or appear as an
attachment in email, do not show as a Word icon. I have Windows Vista
installed, with all the updates. Office 2007 is also installed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi dan,

Documents created in Word 2003 that are saved on my computer, or appear as an
attachment in email, do not show as a Word icon. I have Windows Vista
installed, with all the updates. Office 2007 is also installed.

Mmmm. Sounds as if the *.doc file format may have been unlinked from Word. If
you double-click such a document in Windows Explorer does it open in Word with
no problems?

If you right-click such a file, choose Properties, in the General tab you can
"Change" the application with which it is associated. If you're not seeing the
icon here, try using this to associate it with Word and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dan00500 dan00500 is offline

Thank you, Cindy. That was the solution. I needed to change the assigned
application that opens .doc files. For some reason, the .DOC format was
assigned to the Wordpad application.

Problem fixed.

**Dan

Hi dan,