Edmund Wong

Default Distributed Para

I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line; however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund
Anne Troy

It's there, Edmund. Also, I don't know why you have to hit Ctrl+Shift+J,
because the shortcut key is Ctrl+J. Perhaps you should reset Word to all its
defaults and also make it stop hiding things on you.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line;

however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Edmund Wong

Anne

Thanks for prompt answer.

Ctrl+Shift+J is different from Ctrl+J. The former stretches all text to a
full line even if it is only half a line.

On my home laptop, there is a icon on the format toolbar for DistrbutedPara,
which is Ctrl+Shift+J; but this icon is missing on my office computer, yet
the shortcut would still work, I just want to see the icon.

Will try reset.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

It's there, Edmund. Also, I don't know why you have to hit Ctrl+Shift+J,
because the shortcut key is Ctrl+J. Perhaps you should reset Word to all its
defaults and also make it stop hiding things on you.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line;

however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Stefan Blom

As far as I know, the only way to run the DistributePara command from
a toolbar is to create a custom toolbar button and attach a macro such
as the following to it:

Sub CreateDistributedPara()
Application.Run MacroName:="DistributePara"
End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anne Troy" wrote:

It's there, Edmund. Also, I don't know why you have to hit

Ctrl+Shift+J,
because the shortcut key is Ctrl+J. Perhaps you should reset Word

to all its
defaults and also make it stop hiding things on you.

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in

message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full

line;
however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Edmund Wong

I can make a print screen picture to show you the icon on the toolbar of Word
on my laptop. Should I send it to you or post it here? I definitely do not
know how to made a custom button and attach a macro.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

It's there, Edmund. Also, I don't know why you have to hit

Ctrl+Shift+J,
because the shortcut key is Ctrl+J. Perhaps you should reset Word

to all its
defaults and also make it stop hiding things on you.

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in

message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full

line;
however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Anne Troy

Try this, Edmund.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/w...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote:

It's there, Edmund. Also, I don't know why you have to hit

Ctrl+Shift+J,
because the shortcut key is Ctrl+J. Perhaps you should reset Word

to all its
defaults and also make it stop hiding things on you.

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm

http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in

message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full

line;
however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Stefan Blom

For help with creating macros and attaching them to
toolbar buttons, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/CreateAMacro.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

--

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

The command for this is DistributePara (as can be found by entering
Ctrl+Shift+J in the Keyboard dialog), but I have been unable to find this in
the All Commands list, either under that name (as would be expected, since
LeftPara, CenterPara, RightPara, and JustifyPara are so listed. There is a
FormatFitText command, but a button for it is dimmed in ordinary text (I
think it applies to text boxes). So either the button you have runs a macro
that runs the Ctrl+Shift+J command or...I don't know what.

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line;

however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Klaus Linke

Strange: I see it in the German version under "All commands" (Word2003).

It's added to the formatting toolbar automatically (I think) if you install
support for some Asian languages, so that might be the reason it's visible
on the laptop.

You can add it using a macro:
CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add Id:=2792

Once you've got it on the Formatting toolbar, you can move it with the
mouse, holding down the Alt key.

I just noticed something about that command that I didn't know befo If
you select some text before you click the button, a dialog pops up that lets
you set the width of that text: Neat!

Regards,
Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The command for this is DistributePara (as can be found by entering
Ctrl+Shift+J in the Keyboard dialog), but I have been unable to find this
in
the All Commands list, either under that name (as would be expected, since
LeftPara, CenterPara, RightPara, and JustifyPara are so listed. There is a
FormatFitText command, but a button for it is dimmed in ordinary text (I
think it applies to text boxes). So either the button you have runs a
macro
that runs the Ctrl+Shift+J command or...I don't know what.

so
all may benefit.

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line;

however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Klaus Linke

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark:

Ctrl+Shift+J (DistributePara) doesn't act the same as the DistributePara
button when some text is selected.

The latter does act exactly like the FormatFitText button... but that one is
sometimes is grayed out (for no good reason?) while the DistributePara
button always seems to work.

8-/ Klaus

Edmund Wong

This is really weird, I went around the office, and some computers has this
icon installed automatically on Format toolbar, and it is also available
under ALL COMMAND. For some reason, it was not installed on my computer.

I have all the updates, including Asian languages. Will try the macro
suggested by Susan

Thanks

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark:

Ctrl+Shift+J (DistributePara) doesn't act the same as the DistributePara
button when some text is selected.

The latter does act exactly like the FormatFitText button... but that one is
sometimes is grayed out (for no good reason?) while the DistributePara
button always seems to work.

8-/ Klaus

Stefan Blom

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

You can add it using a macro:
CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add Id:=2792

This certainly works and it's easier than my suggestion. But how did
you find the ID for the DistributePara command? I tried iterating the
CommandBarControls collection:

Sub tryout()
Dim i As CommandBar, j As CommandBarControl
For Each i In CommandBars
For Each j In i.Controls
Debug.Print j.Caption, j.DescriptionText, j.ID
Next j
Next i
End Sub

.... but I didn't see it there!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom

I, too, failed to locate the DistributePara command. That is why I
suggested the macro.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The command for this is DistributePara (as can be found by entering
Ctrl+Shift+J in the Keyboard dialog), but I have been unable to find

this in
the All Commands list, either under that name (as would be expected,

since
LeftPara, CenterPara, RightPara, and JustifyPara are so listed.

There is a
FormatFitText command, but a button for it is dimmed in ordinary

text (I
think it applies to text boxes). So either the button you have runs

a macro
that runs the Ctrl+Shift+J command or...I don't know what.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Edmund Wong" Edmund wrote in

message
I can use CTRL + SHIFT + J to justify text to take up a full line;

however, I
cannot find the shortcut for this function in my toolbar.

How can I add this function to my toolbar?

Thanks

Edmund

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Edmund,

If an Asian Language hadn't been activated through
Start=Programs=Microsoft Office Tools when first
installed that could be one reason why the command
and icon do not show.

The 'Fit Text' and 'Distributed' ( style attribute 'Left-to-right-distributed)
commands use the same icon but the Fit Text command
seems to only work on non-table text if an Asian
language has been activated. The two icons may also
show different results if applied to text where distributed
attribute (last line of paragraph) has already been applied.

=========
"Edmund Wong" wrote in message ...

This is really weird, I went around the office, and some computers has this
icon installed automatically on Format toolbar, and it is also available
under ALL COMMAND. For some reason, it was not installed on my computer.

I have all the updates, including Asian languages. Will try the macro
suggested by Susan

Thanks ??
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Edmund Wong

You are right. I have the Asian Typography in my laptop and not in my office
computer. But Asian languages works on both laptop and computer. Now, maybe
all I need to do is add Asian Typography, but how?

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

[...]

Edmund Wong

Hi Bob

Under Tools, Options of my Word program in my laptop, I have an "Asian
Typography" tab which is not present in my computer's Word program. That
could be what you refer to, but Asian languages work in both copies of Word.
Maybe I can add "Asian Typography" into my computer's Word program with
Microsoft Office Tools? Will have to wait till I get into the office to try
that.

Thanks
Edmund

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Klaus Linke

"Edmund Wong" schrieb:
You are right. I have the Asian Typography in my laptop and not in my
office
computer. But Asian languages works on both laptop and computer. Now,
maybe
all I need to do is add Asian Typography, but how?

As Bob indicated: Start=Programs=Microsoft Office Tools =Microsoft Office
Language Settings.

Regards,
Klaus

Klaus Linke

Hi Stefan,

The macro only loops controls that are already on some (built-in or custom)
toolbar.

To get all commands, you can make a loop where you add a control with id 2,
3, 4, ... to some toolbar, get its caption and description text (and other
stuff if you are interested) and delete it again.
I've got the idea from Howard Kaikow.
In most Word versions, that loop will crash at some point (the earlier the
more properties you try to retrieve for the control), so it's a bit messy.

Regards,
Klaus

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
"Klaus Linke" wrote:

You can add it using a macro:
CommandBars("Formatting").Controls.Add Id:=2792

This certainly works and it's easier than my suggestion. But how did
you find the ID for the DistributePara command? I tried iterating the
CommandBarControls collection:

Sub tryout()
Dim i As CommandBar, j As CommandBarControl
For Each i In CommandBars
For Each j In i.Controls
Debug.Print j.Caption, j.DescriptionText, j.ID
Next j
Next i
End Sub

... but I didn't see it there!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Edmund Wong

Bob

I got everything working by going back to Languages as you suggested.
Thanks for the pointer.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Stefan Blom

Klaus, thank you for explaining!