"Autorecovery ... postponed"

Old January 4th 05, 03:39 AM
JPK--not a techie

Default "Autorecovery ... postponed"

In the past couple of weeks I have begun to receive regular messages that
read: "Saving the Autorecovery for [filname] has been postponed." All I can
do is click OK. Furthermore, even when an autorecovery is done, I have not
always been able to recover a recent version of a file after my system locks
up. (Which hardly ever used to occur, but also happens more frequently now.)

Old January 10th 05, 12:18 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?SlBLLS1ub3QgYSB0ZWNoaWU=?=,

In the past couple of weeks I have begun to receive regular messages that
read: "Saving the Autorecovery for [filname] has been postponed." All I can
do is click OK. Furthermore, even when an autorecovery is done, I have not
always been able to recover a recent version of a file after my system locks
up. (Which hardly ever used to occur, but also happens more frequently now.)

I wonder if your Normal.dot template has become damaged. If you rename it to
NormalOLD.dot Word will create a new one. Try that and see if your system
becomes more stable?

You can use Tools/Template and Addins/Organizer to copy AutoText, styles,
macros and toolbars from NormalOLD.dot to the new Normal.dot.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)