jco

Default How do I define thousands separator for a mergefield?

I have a mergefield with numbers using the period character as a thousands
separator (eg. the value "one thousand" is stored as "1.000").

Trying to make an IF statement, I get problems with Word understanding the
value one thousand (1.000) as the number 1 (with 3 decimals):

I.e.
{ IF { MERGEFIELD L01b } 400 €Hi€ €€ }
shows nothing if the L01b value is above one thousand.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
Graham Mayor

You will need to have Windows regional settings configured to use a period
as a thousands separator, otherwise it is likely to be seen as a decimal
point. i.e. what you report to be happening. The alternative is to replace
the periods in the data file with whatever your regional setting has as
separator.

jco wrote:
I have a mergefield with numbers using the period character as a
thousands separator (eg. the value "one thousand" is stored as
"1.000").

Trying to make an IF statement, I get problems with Word
understanding the value one thousand (1.000) as the number 1 (with 3
decimals):

I.e.
{ IF { MERGEFIELD L01b } 400 "Hi" "" }
shows nothing if the L01b value is above one thousand.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

jco

Dear Graham!

Thank you very much for your great helpfullness with all my questions! Your
advice has really been very helpful to me.

JCO