Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft microsoft is offline

Default HELP! I'm beating my head against the wall trying to solve this problem

Everytime I copy and paste text from a web page their is a
stupid template that keeps applying. Normal Web Custom
Color and I have even tried modifying the template, deleting it,
recreating it and it still keeps popping up. I am sick of having a
shaded background for all my pastes it's taking me ages to correct
all my pasting by removing the border shaded fill color. How can
I fix this I did not have this stupid problem until Word 2003.

Marvin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft microsoft is offline

Ok here is the name of the style being applied when I copy and paste.

Style Normal (Web) + Pattern: Clear (Custom Color(RGB(248252255)))

Where the hell is that style comming from? and how can I permantly get rid
of it?

"microsoft" wrote in message
Everytime I copy and paste text from a web page their is a
stupid template that keeps applying. Normal Web Custom
Color and I have even tried modifying the template, deleting it,
recreating it and it still keeps popping up. I am sick of having a
shaded background for all my pastes it's taking me ages to correct
all my pasting by removing the border shaded fill color. How can
I fix this I did not have this stupid problem until Word 2003.

Marvin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'd say it's coming from the web page - not Word.

I suspect it's not part of the style definition but direct formatting.
In Word 2003 the styles and formatting task pane also displays direct
formatting - not just styles. If you don't see a paragraph mark at the
end of the style name then it's direct formatting.

All you should have to do is delete the direct formatting which should
delete the fill from the document.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"microsoft" wrote in message
Everytime I copy and paste text from a web page their is a
stupid template that keeps applying. Normal Web Custom
Color and I have even tried modifying the template, deleting it,
recreating it and it still keeps popping up. I am sick of having a
shaded background for all my pastes it's taking me ages to correct
all my pasting by removing the border shaded fill color. How can
I fix this I did not have this stupid problem until Word 2003.

Marvin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft microsoft is offline

Ok your correct I found if I used reveal formatting and than show source
it is direct formatting. Interesting thing I figured out doing the copying
and
pasting from Firefox I don't have that problem at all.. Stupid IE is copying
whatever that direct formatting is.

Marvin