Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AlanFD AlanFD is offline

Default Format Date and Time to show Military Time

How can I get the time portion of the "DATE AND TIME" to show the 24hr Clock
or military time as it is often referred to.

Instead of showing "09/22/06 2:15pm" I would like to see "09/22/06 14:15"
shown.

This function can be found under the Insert area of the Tool Bar

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I don't think you can add to or change the formats listed in the Insert
Date dialog, but there are two other ways to get the field you want.

(1) Insert the date/time you mentioned, with the "Automatically update"
option checked. Right-click the time and choose Toggle Field Codes. You'll
see something that looks like

DATE \@ "M/d/yy h:mm am/pm"

Change the lower case h to an upper case H, and delete the am/pm part.
Right-click and choose Update Field. If you don't want this to change, press
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink the field (change it to plain text).

(2) Use the Insert Field dialog instead. Choose Date (or you may want
CreateDate instead) in the list. Click the date/time format nearest to what
you want, which places the corresponding string in the box at the top of the
format list. Edit that string to say M/d/yy H:mm and click OK.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...DateFields.htm for a full
treatment of the subject.

--
Regards,