Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Help topic?

Word 2003 -- I'm trying to find keyboard shortcuts for navigating in
a form. I tried "navigating form" and got many hits but none useful.
I tried "keyboard shortcuts" and got a list f categories but none
seemed appropriate. Did I miss something, or are there in fact no
keyboard shortcuts for moving from field to field within a form?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Tab and Shift+Tab ????

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Word 2003 -- I'm trying to find keyboard shortcuts for navigating in
a form. I tried "navigating form" and got many hits but none useful.
I tried "keyboard shortcuts" and got a list f categories but none
seemed appropriate. Did I miss something, or are there in fact no
keyboard shortcuts for moving from field to field within a form?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:25:26 -0400, Stan Brown
wrote:

Word 2003 -- I'm trying to find keyboard shortcuts for navigating in
a form. I tried "navigating form" and got many hits but none useful.
I tried "keyboard shortcuts" and got a list f categories but none
seemed appropriate. Did I miss something, or are there in fact no
keyboard shortcuts for moving from field to field within a form?

The Tab key moves forward from field to field in a protected form, and
Shift+Tab moves backward. That's all.

If you have a dropdown form field, once the field is selected you can
use Alt+up arrow or Alt+down arrow to activate the dropdown's list,
and then use the up and down arrows to move through the list and Enter
to select a value. For a checkbox form field, the spacebar toggles the
checked state on and off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:38:32 -0500 from Suzanne S. Barnhill
:

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Word 2003 -- I'm trying to find keyboard shortcuts for navigating in
a form. I tried "navigating form" and got many hits but none useful.
I tried "keyboard shortcuts" and got a list of categories but none
seemed appropriate. Did I miss something, or are there in fact no
keyboard shortcuts for moving from field to field within a form?

Tab is the only shortcut I know of.

Thanks, Suzanne and the others who responded.

I was afraid Tab and Shift-Tab were it. The problem is that the form
was created higgledy-piggledy, so that tab order is not form order.
*And* I have only read access, but folks with write access tend to
save the form from time to time with new values. *And* that changes
the tab order because the values of some fields determine which other
fields are active.

And why do I care about this? I use this form several times a day,
ans want an AutoHotkeys macro to set the values of some fields that I
always set to the same values.

Oh well!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/