scoates258

Default Can you recommend a 3rd party..

To unlock a Word doc saved with a forgotten password
Graham Mayor

Word documents saved with a password are encrypted and there is no easy
'back door' method of opening them without the password. There are software
solutions available that purport to discover the passwords of such
documents, but they can take many hours, sometimes days (or longer) to run
depending on the complexity of the password and the level of encryption. You
also have the issue of handing your credit card details to someone who hacks
software for a living?

There is one suggestion of software I have tried, linked from the favourites
page of my web site, but I suggest it with no guarantees and you should use
it entirely at your own risk. There are others to be found with a search at
Google, to which the warnings are equally relevant.