Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barrie

Default mouse pointer

when I close any document, by clicking the cross in the top right hand
corner, why does my mouse pointer move automatically to the Yes button, in
the confirmation question? this is helpful, but can be misleading. this
also applies to other office programs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Do you not see the same behavior in other dialogs, and in programs
outside of Office? It isn't an Office setting, but rather one that's
provided by your mouse driver software.

The following applies to the Microsoft IntelliMouse driver, and the
locations may be different if you have another brand of mouse...

Go to Start Settings Control Panel Mouse Pointer Options.
Uncheck the option "Automatically move pointer to the default button
in a dialog box."

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman