Default How do I cut/copy & paste .jpg into MS Word text or an email text.

I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.
Jezebel

The simple answer is you do it in exactly the same way. PowerPoint's Cut and
Paste is the same as Word's. What goes wrong when you try it?

However, you'll get a better end result if you save the graphic to file,
then import the file.

"
om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one

folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or

into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.

Dr. Rand

I click on the cut or copy command on the .jpg, , then put the cursor where I
want the photo in MS Word, then click the paste command. But the photo
doesn't appear---all that appears is a thin square empty box or a dotted
outline of an empty box.

om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one

folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or

into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.

Dr. Rand

I took your advice and unchecked the box in Tools Options and now it works
fine and I can cut/copy & paste into MS Word .doc files. You are obviously
well-skilled but I am a novice. I would like to try your suggestion to "save
the graphic to file, then import the file" but don't know how or what steps
to do this. If you could tell me that would be wonderful.

Also, although thanks to you I can cut/copy & paste into MS Word, it still
is not letting me cut/copy & paste directly into my SBC Yahoo e-mail. Can you
advise?

THANK YOU so much!

Dr. Rand

om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one

folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or

into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.

Jezebel

Open the graphic in any graphic editing program Corel, Photoshop, or
whatever freebie Microsoft supplied with your version of Windows. Crop,
adjust the contrast, then set the size and resolution to whatever you want
to end up with in Word. Then save as GIF or JPG. There is no ideal format --
it depends on the graphic in question, but usually GIF is best. Then in Word
use Insert Picture From File. The point is to avoid ANY manipulation of
the graphic after it gets to Word, a) because Word is not very good at it,
and b) because it tends to blow out the file size.

If you're going to be doing much of this, keep an eye out for a garage sale
copy of Corel or Photoshop. You probably don't want to spend $1000 for the
latest version, but you can sometimes find an older version for $5, which is
just fine for this purpose.

I know nothing about Yahoo email.

om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one

folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or

into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nak

Just browsing thru looking for some answers myself. Don't quite follow
what's going on here and it looks a bit late. By now you've probably solved
your problem.

If I read this correctly (probably not), I'd say somebody is missing the
point here.

In Word, click 'Insert', 'Picture' and browse to the "graphic" ( ....jpg,
.... .gif, etc.)
you want to insert into Word at where the cursor is. Double-click or click
on the graphic file and follow directions.

If copying a graphic from another file to Word, right-click the picture in
the file and
click 'copy' on the menu. Right-Click in the Word file and click 'paste'. If
the picture
pasted elsewhere, browse you pages and drag it to where you want it.

Of course, as the party noted, you have to make sure first about the
'placeholder' thing.

T.