Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rob Benz Rob Benz is offline

Default Searching for custom word doc properties in - possible or impossi

Word 2007 lets you define custom document properties, including keywords, but
there no longer seems to be a file/open/tools/find option to enable one to
search on those properties, like there used to be, in earlier versions of
Word, (that never worked, anyway).

If we can create keywords and other custom properties, and store document
metadata there, why can't we search our documents on those metadata fields -
or am I missing something. Word 2007 help doesn't seem to address searching
custom document properties.