Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
crystal crystal is offline

Default the way to count the number of lettes in the report (Word 2007)

I am writting short report for my homework in class
The limitation of report is that there must be less than 2000 numbers of
letters(characters). So I have to count the number of letters in my report
whether there are more than 2000 letters in the report or not.
Can anybody tell me that?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I suspect this may be a bit of a homework question. Did you try the Help
file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"crystal" wrote in message
I am writting short report for my homework in class
The limitation of report is that there must be less than 2000 numbers of
letters(characters). So I have to count the number of letters in my report
whether there are more than 2000 letters in the report or not.
Can anybody tell me that?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:51:02 -0700, crystal
wrote:

I am writting short report for my homework in class
The limitation of report is that there must be less than 2000 numbers of
letters(characters). So I have to count the number of letters in my report
whether there are more than 2000 letters in the report or not.
Can anybody tell me that?

Thank you.

I don't know if this is a homework assignment or not. If it is, it's a
dumb one. In any case, you could have gotten the answer from Google
with just a little effort. Here's one link:

http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000387_W...formation.html
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Square Peg Square Peg is offline

wrote:

I am writting short report for my homework in class
The limitation of report is that there must be less than 2000 numbers of
letters(characters). So I have to count the number of letters in my report
whether there are more than 2000 letters in the report or not.
Can anybody tell me that?

There is a field containing the word count for the document (and the
selected text) in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. (Words:
nnnnn). Simply click on that field and a info box will pop up with the
other counts.