Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Molly Molly is offline

Default 2007 footnote crazy spacing issue - TIME SENSITIVE

I am in Word 2007 and am tryng to insert footnotes. However, giant spaces
are being automatically inserted.

I have already set it at "bottom of page" and deleted extra spaces. Can
anyone help? I have a document due today!!!!

Thanks,
Molly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure that the Footnote Text style doesn't have extra Space Before/After
(this is unlikely but could result from your having modified Normal style).
If the problem is only at the beginning of the footnote space, the problem
could be that the separator has acquired extra empty paragraphs; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm. To troubleshoot any
issue of this type, displaying nonprinting characters (and text boundaries)
is a good start.

See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for some factors
that might be related.

http://word.mvps.org

"Molly" wrote in message
I am in Word 2007 and am tryng to insert footnotes. However, giant spaces
are being automatically inserted.

I have already set it at "bottom of page" and deleted extra spaces. Can
anyone help? I have a document due today!!!!

Thanks,
Molly

kelsie kelsie is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly View Post
I am in Word 2007 and am tryng to insert footnotes. However, giant spaces
are being automatically inserted.

I have already set it at "bottom of page" and deleted extra spaces. Can
anyone help? I have a document due today!!!!

Thanks,
Molly
i'm having the same problem and when i remove the footnote and the page number i still have the great big space it looks fixed but when you print the doc it is still there what do i do??????

Word Footnote Issue Sabine Page Layout 3 August 21st 08 04:14 AM
spacing in footnote PL Microsoft Word Help 1 August 5th 08 02:43 AM
Section break issue. Please help. It's driving me crazy. sectionbreakvictim Microsoft Word Help 12 September 28th 07 04:56 PM
What happened to context-sensitive Help in Word 2007? GMc Microsoft Word Help 19 September 10th 07 11:03 PM
help with spacing issue wsga Microsoft Word Help 1 May 16th 05 12:45 PM