Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henry Stockbridge Henry Stockbridge is offline

Default Header/Footer Starting Section

Hi,

I am trying to format headers/footers in a large document, and I'm
stuck. I would like to start my footer on page 5, and start header/
continue footer on page 6.

So, page 5 would be header (blank), footer page number (right-
aligned), page 6 header StyleRef (left-aligned), document title (right-
aligned), page 7 header StyleRef (left-aligned), document title (right-
aligned), footer page number (left-aligned) and so on.

So, I set up a section to start on page 5 and am considering that as
the first page. I'm trying to take advantage of different odd/even,
and different first page, but the header/footer spills over to pages
2, 3 and 4.

Any help you can lend would be appreciated.

Henry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Selecting "Different odd and even" and "Different first page" creates new
headers, but that is only the first step. You'll have to unlink the headers
and footers after the section break. Use the Link to Previous button on the
Header & Footer Tools Design tab (or on the Header and Footer toolbar in
older versions of Word). Then you can change header and footer content for
your new section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Henry Stockbridge" wrote in message

Hi,

I am trying to format headers/footers in a large document, and I'm
stuck. I would like to start my footer on page 5, and start header/
continue footer on page 6.

So, page 5 would be header (blank), footer page number (right-
aligned), page 6 header StyleRef (left-aligned), document title (right-
aligned), page 7 header StyleRef (left-aligned), document title (right-
aligned), footer page number (left-aligned) and so on.

So, I set up a section to start on page 5 and am considering that as
the first page. I'm trying to take advantage of different odd/even,
and different first page, but the header/footer spills over to pages
2, 3 and 4.

Any help you can lend would be appreciated.

Henry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To clarify, each type of header and each type of footer (first page, odd
page, main header) must be *separately* unlinked from its "neighbor" in the
preceding section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henry Stockbridge Henry Stockbridge is offline

On Feb 13, 1:00*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
[...]

===========================

Brilliant! Stefan, this is _so_ helpful. I appreciate your help. I
think I've got it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Henry Stockbridge" wrote in message

On Feb 13, 1:00 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For ready-reference info in one place, see
http://WordFAQs.mvps.org/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org