Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kittronald kittronald is offline

Default Using field codes and tables

I'm trying to get a REF field code to work with a value manually entered
into a table cell.

Table 1 cell A1 contains the value "100".

I want to use a field code to insert the value in cell A1 in the
following sentence and have it automatically updated whenever the cell A1 is
modified.

There's only {REF {=(Table1 A1)}} days until Christmas.

What's wrong with this syntax ?

kittronald

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest approach would be to bookmark the cell and then insert a
cross-reference to the bookmark text. Add a numeric picture switch so
that Word doesn't reproduce the actual cell formatting:

{ REF mybookmark \# "0" }

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP