Giff Giff is offline
Junior Member

Default Un-numbered pages in the middle of manuscript

I have a 300+ page manuscript using Word 2008 in Mac OSX. I want to insert two photo sections in between chapters, and I do not want the photo pages to be numbered like the text pages. So how can I do it so, for example, chapter 4 ends on p48, six pages of photos follow with no page numbers, and chapter 5 starts on p49?
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

At the bottom of the page before the photos, instead of using a Page Break (Ctrl+Enter) go to the Page Layout tab, Breaks (drop-down arrow) and select 'Section Break' 'Next Page' then in the new 'section' insert all your photos. But on the first page of this new section go to your Header/Footer area and in the Header and Footer tab, deselect the highlighted "Link to Previous".

When you have finished putting in your photos again do an Section Break and now where you have your text again insert your Header/Footer - unlinked to previous and set them up the same as the first section - note if you don't want page numbering in the photo section then you will have to set the page numbering at the page number that is correct.

Cheers,