how do I convert abode acrobat files to microsoft word files?

Old July 19th 05, 09:22 PM
Richard Sims

Default how do I convert abode acrobat files to microsoft word files?

Any ideas!!!
Old July 19th 05, 09:29 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

ScanSoft has a program called PDF Converter that will allow you to open a
..pdf file in Word and then save it as a .doc. The results range from decent
to crappy.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Richard Sims" Richard wrote in message
Any ideas!!!

Old July 20th 05, 05:09 AM
Graham Mayor

Richard Sims wrote:
Any ideas!!!

Word has no filter for pdf documents. You can only insert pdf objects which
essentially links the pdf application via an icon. If you want to insert the
content of a pdf you need to extract it and how you do this depends on
whether the pdf is protected against editing. Either way you will need
additional software eg OCR software that can handle pdf, a third party pdf
to document conversion utility, or the full version of Acrobat.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org