Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lynne Lynne is offline

Default Unable to insert date into Word document

I have Windows XP and Office 2003. I can't seem to get the date automatically
to insert. When I start to print say January it suggests the rest of the
month however when I hit the space bar to have it finish the rest of the date
it doesn't show up. I've already checked all my settings and they seem to be
correct. Am I missing something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Beth Melton has given this explanation/work-around (see
http://groups.google.se/group/micros...62fb53eae161):

"AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions. What I
have found is once you complete the month, press the Spacebar, Backspace,
then press the Spacebar again and you should see the suggestion to complete
the current date."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lynne" wrote in message
I have Windows XP and Office 2003. I can't seem to get the date
automatically
to insert. When I start to print say January it suggests the rest of the
month however when I hit the space bar to have it finish the rest of the
date
it doesn't show up. I've already checked all my settings and they seem to
be
correct. Am I missing something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad that it's working for you.

I agree that it is a strange workaround--it might actually be easier to just
type the date in... :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP