Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
4110 4110 is offline

Default Return to Cross Reference

I have a document with figures and associated Captions. The text includes
Cross Reference to the figures. The Cross References are hot linked so that
a user can click them and jump to the figure. The trouble is that the
figure may be several pages away from the Cross Reference so it can be
awkward to find your place in the text after clicking the Cross Reference.
Is there a way to add a Return button near each figure to return to the
appropriate Cross Reference?

Thanks,

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
4110 4110 is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you! Excelent; worked like a charm.

In fact, it worked so well that I got greedy. Rather than instruct users
about the keystrokes (alt+Left Arrow) to return, I thought I could put a
clickable button near each figure that would execute the back function. I
used visual basic tools to add a button and added this code to the button:
Private Sub cmdReturn_Click()
SendKeys "%{left}", False 'Alt+Left Arrow
End Sub

But it doesn't work. Is there a way to click something to return to the
original location?

Thanks again

David

"4110" wrote in message
I have a document with figures and associated Captions. The text includes
Cross Reference to the figures. The Cross References are hot linked so

that
a user can click them and jump to the figure. The trouble is that the
figure may be several pages away from the Cross Reference so it can be
awkward to find your place in the text after clicking the Cross Reference.
Is there a way to add a Return button near each figure to return to the
appropriate Cross Reference?

Thanks,

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the Web toolbar is displayed, users can use the Back button. Or you can
add the Back button to another toolbar if you are providing a template for
users.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Alt+Left Arrow will activate the Back function.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.