Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie R. Leslie R. is offline

Default Popup Box with Chinese letters when opening Word 2007

I am not able to get into Word 2007 on our laptop (we have Windows Vista).
Each time Word, or a Word document, is opened, a popup box appears that says:

"Your autocorrect file [then a bunch of Chinese characters] could not be
saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify
the file."
The document then opens, but cannot be saved, with more popup boxes appearing.
We have the Office Suite, but only Word seems to be doing this. Can it be
corrected in any way? Thank you for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Start by addressing the issues raised at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

news