Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roboman Roboman is offline

Default Problems with Text Boxes

I am typing a lengthy document and have so far typed a number of pages.
Within the pages I am trying to insert a number of text boxes (generally one
text box on a page but may be more), often half the width of the page and
possibly 2/3's to 3/4's of the page in length. However, this comes with
frustrating problems such as the text box moving to another page
super-imposing itself over another text box and leaving annoying gaps at the
bottom of the page it has come from.

What I would simply like to achieve is to have total control of the text
around the box and the text box. So, if I insert a text box then the text
automatically re-arranges itself around the box. If I remove or move a text
box, then the space left is automatically filled by the text re-populating
the area. If text is inserted above a text box, then the text and box moves
lower down unless I lock the box, then the text around the box moves down
alone.

I appreciate that this has much to do with the way the options under the
"Layout - Advanced" section work so I need to understand what these 4 options
in Word 2003 (3 options in Word 2002) mean. They appear to be self
explanatory, however, no combination seems to do the trick.. To have the
control I want, what "Wrapping" style option should I select. I generally
select "Tight"

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Roboman,

Try Format|Textbox|Layout|Square(or Tight)|Advanced and:
.. uncheck 'Move object with text
.. check lock anchor

If, when you've got the Formatting form open, you click on the '?' symbol in the upper-right corner, then click on the part of the
form you need help with, Word will display some text explaining the various effects.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]