Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
myladylee myladylee is offline

Default Small Black Bullets in Margin

I just started using the option to view my formatting. And now I have these
small black dots in the margins that I can not remove.

I need to remove these black margin dots because they show up when I print.

How do I remove these?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The usual black dots (square bullets) in the margin, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm, are an indication of
formatting and do not print.

"myladylee" wrote in message
I just started using the option to view my formatting. And now I have

these
small black dots in the margins that I can not remove.

I need to remove these black margin dots because they show up when I

print.

How do I remove these?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
myladylee myladylee is offline

Suzanne,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had looked at that sheet, and those square
bullets are not my problem.

My problem is 4 period size dots (.) located in the left margin. On screen
they are faint grey (similiar to the header/footer feature when not active),
but when I print they show up black.

What feature will remove these dots? I can send you a word document
attachment if you need to see the problem.

Thanks.

"myladylee" wrote in message
I just started using the option to view my formatting. And now I have

these
small black dots in the margins that I can not remove.

I need to remove these black margin dots because they show up when I

print.

How do I remove these?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounds like you have some unwanted text (....) in the header or footer of
the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The usual black dots (square bullets) in the margin, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm, are an indication
of
formatting and do not print.

so
all may benefit.

"myladylee" wrote in message
I just started using the option to view my formatting. And now I have

these
small black dots in the margins that I can not remove.

I need to remove these black margin dots because they show up when I

print.

How do I remove these?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I agree with Doug that whatever you're seeing is in or anchored to the
header, so it's while the header pane is open that you need to try to remove
the dots, whatever they are.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The usual black dots (square bullets) in the margin, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm, are an

indication of
formatting and do not print.

newsgroup so