Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ashta ashta is offline

Default how do I print same to 2 printers simultaneously

is it possible to set up to print regularly, the same document to two
different printers simultaneously. e.g. letter on headed paper in one printer
and second copy on second printer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, you can assign different trays on the same printer to "First page" and
"Other pages" of any document or section of a document, but there's no
provision for sending pages to different printers.

"ashta" wrote in message
is it possible to set up to print regularly, the same document to two
different printers simultaneously. e.g. letter on headed paper in one
printer
and second copy on second printer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can, however, direct whichever pages wherever you want using vba - see
my page with the misleading url http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm and
in conjunction with that page, you probably want something like:

Sub PrintOnTwoPrinters()
Dim sPrinter As String
Dim sTray As String
sTray = Options.DefaultTray
sPrinter = ActivePrinter
ActivePrinter = "The First Printer Name"
Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 3"
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Pages:="1",
Copies:=1
ActivePrinter = "The Other Printer Name"
Options.DefaultTray = "Tray 2"
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintRangeOfPages, Pages:="2-99",
Copies:=1
ActivePrinter = sPrinter
Options.DefaultTray = sTray
End Sub

substituting your real printer names where indicated.