Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Default page numbers in an index

Hi

Is it possible to conditionally format page numbers in an index
automatically. I have changed the XE field to red and they show up as red in
the index but the page numbers are black.

Thanks

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Ian,

Your index will be mede up of Index styles (Index 1, Index 2 and so on).
Modify these styles to display a red font.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Ian Richardson ACITP" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to conditionally format page numbers in an index
automatically. I have changed the XE field to red and they show up as red in
the index but the page numbers are black.

Thanks

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Hi Cooz

Thanks for the reply. I have thought about that but some of the Index 1 is
red, some is black and some of Index 2 is red and some is black. What I
should have said was where the text in Index 1 or Index 2 is red, the page
number needs to be red.

Thanks

ian

"Ian Richardson ACITP" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to conditionally format page numbers in an index
automatically. I have changed the XE field to red and they show up as red in
the index but the page numbers are black.

Thanks

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Ian,

The page numbers _will_ be red if you change the style (at least in my
document).

Choose Format | Styles and formatting... The task pane appears.
Select an item in the index.
The name of the style (probably Index 1) appears in the upper box in the
task pane.
Click and expand this name and choose Modify...
Apply a red color by means of the button with the 'A on a colored bar' on it
in the dialog that is now open.

This should do the trick.

It may be possible that some terms I use differ a little since I use a Dutch
version of Word and do not have the exact English terms available.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: Werkt deze oplossing voor jou en log je in via de Microsoft site, klik
dan svp even op Yes bij "Did this post answer the question?". Bedankt.

"Ian Richardson ACITP" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to conditionally format page numbers in an index
automatically. I have changed the XE field to red and they show up as red in
the index but the page numbers are black.

Thanks

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Hi Cooz

Yes, that did work but it turned all to red. If I have 20 items in the index
and 7 are red, I only want pages numbers for those 7 to be in red.

Ian