Home Made Letterhead for Fish Companies

Old January 21st 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Canadian 420

Default Home Made Letterhead for Fish Companies

I work for seafood companies originating in several different
countries. I have been "creating" letterheads for each of these
companies for the last few years. They each want an image, such as a
salmon, lobster, fishing boat, etc...in their letterhead and I have
always found black and white images to suit each situation. Question
is that I have been placing the image in the header so there is more
room for the letterhead info. One client has to have two different
names, two cell numbers, three home office numbers, two email
addresses and one mailing address. It is top heavy to say the least. I
have perused the templates at MS Online, but they do not fit well as I
have so much info, names, etc...to put in. As well, many of the
letters that I do are sent via email, not being printed out and when
viewing, the header, with the image, is slightly lighter. I know to
read these in Print Preview, but not everyone that I send email to are
very great with computers, salmon, yes, not this kind of stuff. Any
suggestions that would help me do this better or tricks of the trade
would be appreciated. I come to this site everyday and look through
your archives and have learned so much. Thank you for all that
contribute to this newsgroup. Joanne
Old January 21st 08, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You seem to be asking a lot of questions at once. Wrt to top-heaviness, you
could put the information at the side (but still in the header); see the
"More complex letterhead" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. But if you (or the
client) want(s) the letter to be emailable, then a PDF is the only way to
display the document properly.

Old January 21st 08, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_]

Suzanne's Tutorial on Letterheads is really good and should give you some
further ideas on layout.

What I suggest is that you look as some other companies' letters and
plagiarize like mad! As well as being able to use the side margin of the
front page, you could also move some of the details to the footer. You could
repeat a small company logo and contact details in every footer then. Other
ideas would be to put the address across the page (top or bottom) with a
bullet between each part: that uses far less space on the page.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Old January 21st 08, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Canadian 420

Thank you for your advice Suzanne and Terry. Both of you have given me
lots to work with. Cheers! Joanne
Old January 2nd 22, 06:52 AM
Deasind Deasind is offline

It's a good post you made regarding Home Made Letterhead for Fish Companies. Take a close look at what I'm saying. We no longer need to go to the market to buy this type of seafood; instead, we can order seafood from the comfort of our own homes through an online market. You will be directed to a portal where you may order and enjoy fresh seafood if you click on this link. I hope so, You will like this