Add brackets to tracked changes

Old October 20th 16, 03:30 PM
leuce leuce is offline

Location: Netherlands
Default Add brackets to tracked changes

Hello everyone

Does anyone know of a macro that will modify a tracked changes document in MS Word so that it adds curly brackets on either side of a deletion and square brackets on either side of an insertion?

It doesn't matter to me if the brackets close whole chunks of deletions or insertions, or deleted or inserted characters individually, nor does it matter to me if the tracks remain intact and/or if the brackets are tracked.

Attached are two examples of what I'm looking for (any of the 6 options shown under the example would be acceptable to me, though I would prefer the third one, i.e. nothing in tracks anymore, and whole tracked sections bracketed).

I need this because I want to save the text in a database that accepts only plain text, and I want to be able to see where the changes were.

Thanks
Samuel
Attached Images

Old October 20th 16, 03:57 PM
leuce leuce is offline

Location: Netherlands

I tinkered with a macro posted previously on this forum and found a way of doing it (I tried to modify Chip's macro as well, but could not figure out how to do it):

Sub StrikethroughDeletions3()
' Based on http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68482
' 1. Make sure Track Changes is turned *off* on the document you're working on.
' 2. Run the macro.
' 3. Start a new document, turn track changes on for that (blank) doc, paste all
' the contents of the working doc into the new (text comes in as a new, mega-
' insertion), then ACCEPT all changes in the new.
Number = ActiveDocument.Revisions.Count
For x = 1 To Number
Set myRev = ActiveDocument.Revisions(x).Range
This = ActiveDocument.Revisions(x).Type
If This = 2 Then
myRev.Select
Selection.InsertAfter "}"
Selection.InsertBefore "{"
End If
If This = 1 Then
myRev.Select
Selection.InsertAfter "]"
Selection.InsertBefore "["
End If
Next x

End Sub
Old January 10th 22, 06:08 AM
EllaRooke EllaRooke is offline

The blog post is about the adding of the brackets with the doing of long and the tracked changes in the life of couple of people. The junior member is here that can collide with each other in the https://topcvwritersuk.com/ with the building up of the life stages for having a long time.