Final vs. Final Showing Markup View of Word 2003

Old May 13th 09, 03:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Final vs. Final Showing Markup

Default Final vs. Final Showing Markup View of Word 2003

Is there a patch to force Word 2003 to open in the Final view instead of
Final Showing Markup? Everytime my co-workers open a Word Document, it opens
in Final Showing Markup; this wouldn't be a problem if there aren't any
strike-throughs or comment bubbles popping up when they open the document.
But, when we have edited these forms in the past, the Track Changes option
was on, so any changes we have made have been noted in this fashion. The
users of the form do not need to see this - so please let me know if there is
a patch or macro that will force the program to open in Final view instead.