Scroll too fast for proofreading

Old April 7th 05, 11:41 PM
michimac

Default Scroll too fast for proofreading

With Windows 98, I could click the mouse wheel and start a very slow constant
scroll, which made proofreading 60-plus pages of text very easy. Now with
Windows 2003, this scroll method is lightening fast - too fast to read text.
Is there a way to slow this way down? (I see this was posted by someone in
December with no final answer.) Scrollilng manually with the mouse wheel is
too choppy.
--
michimac
Old April 8th 05, 04:03 AM
Xero

I think it is not the problem with Windows but the way you place the cursor
aftering pressing the wheel.

I am using a wheel mouse too. For me, after pressing the wheel, the cursor
changes to a two-way arrow. Then I move the mouse to control its scrolling
direction and speed. The farer I place the cursor, the faster it scrolls.

You can consider contacting your mouse manfacturer (or the computer
manfacturer if it comes with your computer) as well if this does not solve
your problem.

Old April 9th 05, 03:05 AM
michimac

When I move from the two-way arrow even the tiniest bit, I'm in super-speed
scroll. I'll try contacting the computer and/or mouse manufacturer. Thanks!