How do you know if something rhymes or not?

Old January 8th 22, 01:18 PM
Maxxx17 Maxxx17 is offline

Default How do you know if something rhymes or not?

English is my second language and I want to develop it, and my writing (poetry, lyrics, etc.). But the real problem for me currently is knowing whether or not something actually rhymes. To give an example. Of cause something like 'hitting and quitting' rhymes but sometimes I find it more tricky, now I'm a fan of hip hop as well and in a certain song called 'Hoody Season' Jordan is rhymed with scoring. Like so:
Polo hoody and the Jordan hoody
Got it down town cocaine scoring hoody
And I don't really hear it, so to get to the point is there any way to know for certain if something rhymes, and what are the rules? or do you just go by the sound of it and hope for the best?