renumber footnotes so reference matches note

Old July 23rd 07, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cromagnon

Default renumber footnotes so reference matches note

I would like to renumber some footnote references in the body of my text
which are now for example numbers 59 through 69 but correspond to notes 69
through 79, to which they are linked. I am not sure how the numbering got
botched, but I have reordered sections of the text, and I also selected some
text and changed its formatting to bold.
Old July 24th 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If the numbers in the body of the document don't match the footnote numbers
(in the footnote area) then something is definitely wrong. Have you tried
copying the document, except for the final paragraph mark, into a new file?
For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP