Sean Booth Sean Booth is offline
Junior Member

Default Endnote bedlam

I've been surfing looking for an answer to this for sometime, but to no avail.
I'm using word 2002 (not my choice, work) and am nearing completion of a document with about 60 endnotes.

I have cross referenced many times BUT Word doesn't update the fields to align the sequence of the endnotes. As an example I have referenced 1,2,3,4, etc as endnotes but have found another quote or info within reference 24. So when i cross reference that same section, it appears as 1,2,3,4,24..... not updated to 1,2,3,4,5.

I have tried the alt+F9 trick, and tried updating the field by right clicking on the reference number again to no avail.

Any other hints would be greatly appreciated.

Endnote Andy660 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 09 09:23 PM
about endnote Devidas Microsoft Word Help 0 December 4th 08 08:39 AM
Can I Format Endnote References Differently in Body and Endnote Li Don Macnaughton Microsoft Word Help 3 March 2nd 08 11:59 PM
using endnote laeminenciagris Microsoft Word Help 2 February 18th 06 05:15 PM
How do I go from an endnote to the text where I placed the endnote MB_tax Microsoft Word Help 5 February 18th 05 01:56 PM