Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marianne Thastrup Marianne Thastrup is offline

Default Merging data from Access into Word

I have created an employee database in Access 2003 and from that I want to
create different lists in Word that I work with, e.g. phone lists, private
addresses, former employees, etc. When I merge it into Word results are
unsatisfactory.

How can I determine which fields go where? In Access I have different
columns for First name, Last name, Post code, Town, etc. In Word I want to
show for example First name and Last name in the same cell, and also Post
code and Town in the same cell.

I have tried to use mailmerge, but end up with one page for each employee
when what I need is one page with a long table showing all employees (one row
with several columns).

I have also tried inserting field names from access in each cell which is
ok, and at the end of each row put something like 'new record' but when I
merge it I do not get all employees, only as many as there are rows for? The
table does not extend to comprise all employees.

What do I do wrong?