Gilles Desjardins

Default Double clicking on a document icon does not load document

Hi, here is a new one: Word 2003, using explorer I double click on a
document icon to start Word & load the document. It starts Word but does not
load the document, I have to double click again on the icon, then the
document loads.

Any ideas out there?

Gilles

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Gilles,

here is a new one: Word 2003, using explorer I double click on a
document icon to start Word & load the document. It starts Word but does not
load the document, I have to double click again on the icon, then the
document loads.

Any ideas out there?

I see this occasionally, on a Virtual Machine. Best I can tell, it may be a
resource problem (the commands are transmitted faster than Windows can handle
them?). You might try asking in the office.setup newsgroup; someone with more
OS background might have a better idea. Be sure to mention the version of
Windows, the type of PC and amount of RAM your system has.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Gilles Desjardins

Danke, merci, gratzie! Cindy

Gilles

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Gilles,

here is a new one: Word 2003, using explorer I double click on a
document icon to start Word & load the document. It starts Word but does
not
load the document, I have to double click again on the icon, then the
document loads.

Any ideas out there?

I see this occasionally, on a Virtual Machine. Best I can tell, it may be
resource problem (the commands are transmitted faster than Windows can
handle
them?). You might try asking in the office.setup newsgroup; someone with
more
OS background might have a better idea. Be sure to mention the version of
Windows, the type of PC and amount of RAM your system has.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply