John

Default Making a Form :: Line Borders / Table Cells with Flowing Text

Okay...

What I want to do is hard to explain, so I am going to
point you to a gif that should help...
http://www.crisisaverted.com/form.gif

Now, I have a form I created with Word 2003. As you can
see in the gif, there are multiple lines for the body text.
Those "line borders" are created by using cell borders in
a table. I want to be able to enter text into this form
and have the text automatically go from the first cell to
the second so that I don't have to tab over to the next
cell down, but most importantly so it is easier to edit a
form that is already filled out.

Also, what would be super cool is upon reaching the last
cell of the table I have made to create a second page with
the exact same formatting as the first (still have the
thick black borders at the top and bottom of the table,
same borders in between too) as well carry over the form
"header" that includes the title and logos as well as the
completed by footer (since they are headers and footers
respectively this latter part is not a problem).

Thanks!

I hope this makes sense...

John
Jay Freedman

Hi John,

Word's tables don't work that way -- there's no provision for text to
jump automatically from one cell to the next.

There are a number of ways to set up forms with lines you can type on.
They're all explained he
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm

Probably the best way to achieve the effect you want is to fake it.
Select the table you've already created, cut it to the clipboard, and
paste it into the header. Grab the little square handle at the upper
left corner and drag the table to position it where you want it, and
then close the header. Try typing some text. You'll have to adjust the
line spacing of the text and jigger the table's position a bit, so
that the text lines appear to sit in the table cells. Also adjust the
text margins so the text won't run outside the table. As a bonus, when
the text goes to the next page, the header will automatically supply
another copy of the table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman