Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pdragan

Default How to insert date of revision in footer

I neet to poduce a controlled document with a List of Effective Pages - each
page shall have the rumber of the revision and the date when that revision
was made.
Date of revision and revision should be in the footer
The problem which I do not know how to solve is that within one Section there
will several be DIFFERENT dates and revision numbers.
For instance in Section 4

Page No 6 will be Rev No 2 dated 15.11. 2005
Page No 7 will be Rev No 3 dated 31.12.2005

As far sa I understand revision numbers and dates could be read from some
table or database and using VBA used in Word ( complicated ) but the basic
thing remains unclear to me How to have different content of the cerytain
field in footer within the same document Section.

Best Regards
Dragan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Footers in Word are specific only to the section, not to the page; so unless
you put each page in a separate section, there's no way to do this. Given
that this sort of information has zero value to your ordinary readers, why
not issue the revision list separately?

"pdragan" u15902@uwe wrote in message news:579b64cbb748f@uwe...
I neet to poduce a controlled document with a List of Effective Pages -
each
page shall have the rumber of the revision and the date when that revision
was made.
Date of revision and revision should be in the footer