Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

Default Heading ghosts on previous pages

I have several documents using a structured system of headings. In most
cases, selecting "page break before" does the trick, and no 'ghost' of that
heading is on the previous page.

However, I'm having extreme difficulty when it comes to a heading after the
cover page. I've tried using "page break before"; and I've tried inserting a
page break; and I've tried having the second page text on the cover and
inserting a break and then changing the heading to the heading style. None of
this works, and there is still a blank line with the heading formatting on
the cover. I wouldn't generally worry about this, but it makes the real
heading show up double in the TOC.

Suggestions?

Thx!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

It's Word 2002, and no, there isn't any kind of section break between the
cover and front page.

"Shana" wrote in message
I have several documents using a structured system of headings. In most
cases, selecting "page break before" does the trick, and no 'ghost' of

that
heading is on the previous page.

However, I'm having extreme difficulty when it comes to a heading after

the
cover page. I've tried using "page break before"; and I've tried inserting

page break; and I've tried having the second page text on the cover and
inserting a break and then changing the heading to the heading style. None

of
this works, and there is still a blank line with the heading formatting on
the cover. I wouldn't generally worry about this, but it makes the real
heading show up double in the TOC.

Suggestions?

Thx!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you'd like to send a sample, I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What version of Word? Is there perhaps a Next Page section break between

the
cover page and the next page, making the page break superfluous?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Shana" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

Hm. I just went into a document, and went to take out a logo (to keep the
info private), and when I took out the graphic, the problem disappeared. I
checked, and there isn't a heading style. Even if I take the graphic out, and
then re-add it, the heading 2 is still ghosting on the cover page.