Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Diana Diana is offline

Default ABA style

Need help with ABA style formatting
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Such a shining example of our posterity. The next generation is
becoming more illiterate with each passing day... so sad for all
of us.

Diana wrote:

Need help with ABA style formatting

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When I Googled for ABA Style Formatting it asked me if I meant APA Style.
But there are also a few hits which suggest that it might be something set
up by the American Bar Association./

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Diana wrote:

Need help with ABA style formatting

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:36:01 -0700, Diana wrote:

ABA style formatting

Go to http://www.abanet.org/ and search for ABA style formatting.
--
Cheers
Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:36:01 -0700, Diana wrote:

Need help with ABA style formatting

Here is from http://www.abanet.org/yld/tyl/tyl_faq.html:

"Writers˘ Guidelines for The Young Lawyer

The Young Lawyer (TYL) is a periodical published 11 times a year by ABA
Publishing for the American Bar Association˘s Young Lawyers Division. It
circulates nationally and internationally to about 153,500 members,
institutions, and other subscribers. It is a practice-oriented publication
for lawyers younger than 36 years or in practice for five years or less.
TYL focuses on matters of interest to the young lawyer. It is not a law
review, scholarly journal, or magazine. It is a newsletter designed to
deliver specific, practical information in an easy-to-read format that
maintains a professional presentation. The articles in TYL are written in a
conversational tone. The writing must be clear and concise, using common
words and generally short sentences in short paragraphs to communicate
practical information. When feasible, authors should write in the active
voice and include tips, lists, bullet points, examples, good quotes, lively
writing, and other techniques to facilitate the readers˘ grasp of
information. In general, TYL follows the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th
edition, and Webster's 11th edition. Most articles are fewer than 300
words; the longest features are approximately 600 words. The publication's
editorial style reflects the diversity of its readership-YLD members across
the country who practice law in the full realm of specialized areas.
Gender, racial, and ethnic diversity should be reflected in articles, e.g.,
through examples given or speakers quoted."
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I guess you're thinking of ABBA, the former pop group, then? :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP