smokiibear

Default is a caption without a label possible?

I would like to create a caption without a label, just the number, for
referencing equations in my document. I do not want any type of
prefix. Is this possible?

Thanks.

smokii

Daiya Mitchell

One possibility:

Insert the captions as Figure 1, Figure 2, etc, then run a F&R that Finds
"Figure" formatted in Caption style and replaces it with nothing. In my
very superficial test, the 1 still showed up as available to cross-reference
under Figure, and the cross-reference showed up simply as 1.

In a further superficial test, I created a Figure 1 caption, set a
cross-reference to it ("Figure 1"), then deleted the Figure in Caption
style, updated fields, and the cross-reference updated to "1" as well.

You might want to create a custom label (e.g. FakePlaceholder) that is
guaranteed to *not* be a word you might use in the document.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/