Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TakeFive TakeFive is offline

Default Word 2007 Pasting Issue

All of a sudden, I can't seem to copy text off of a page on a website and
paste it into a 2007 Word doc. I've never had a problem before. Is there
something I can check?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary[_3_] Gary[_3_] is offline

Is it all web pages now that you can't copy/paste or just a specific one?
Some web pages are set up in a way that don't allow you to copy/paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TakeFive TakeFive is offline

Seems to be all of them. When I paste, I just get the "hourglass" (actually
in Vista, it's the circle spinning) and it never stops and pastes. I just
hit "Escape" to get out of it.

"Gary" wrote:

Is it all web pages now that you can't copy/paste or just a specific one?
Some web pages are set up in a way that don't allow you to copy/paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary[_3_] Gary[_3_] is offline

Ah. That can be caused (the hourglass) from trying to paste HTML into Word.
Try "Paste Special..." (Home ribbon, then click the lower half of Paste and
select "Paste Special...") and select "Unformatted Text."

You can paste HTML, but it can take awhile to finally show up.