Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa

Default How to align text left, center, right?

I have 3 fields in the footer of a template (name, title, date). The
date is a date field. The name and title are custom document
variables.

I would like all 3 on the same line in the footer with the name left
justified, the date right justified, and the title centered in the
remaining space. The name may be short or quite long. Same with the
title. Some examples:

nnnnnnnn tttttttttt mm/dd/yy
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ttttt mm/dd/yy
nnnnnnn ttttttttttttttttttt mm/dd/yy

Is there a way to do that?

The document has 7-8 sections each with a different footer.

What I have been doing is defining two tabs: one at the right margin
and one about in the center. Then, after I set the document variables,
I manually edit the footers in each section and adjust the center tab.

Is there a way to do that automatically?

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000