Brent

Default Can Word display HTML code as formatted text?

Hello!

Basically, I'm brining in HTML code such as this from a database:

PSTRONGThis is not working so great!/STRONG/P
BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="margin-right: 0px"
PSTRONGUWhy isn't this working?/U/STRONG/P/BLOCKQUOTE
P dir=ltrSTRONGUPlease Help! /U/STRONG/P

However, I need Word to display the HTML doe as formatted text and not
display all the markup language. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Shauna Kelly

Hi Brent

If it's an HTML document, with an .htm or .html file extension, then Word
will recognize the file as HTML. So you'll see formatted HTML, not the
individual codes. If it's a Word document with some HTML code typed into the
document, then you'll see the HTML code.

Try File Save As. In the Save as Type box, choose HTML. Then re-open the
document.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
When copying HTML text document to Word, how do you automatica jeanne Microsoft Word Help 0 April 22nd 05 07:14 PM