Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walkshaw walkshaw is offline

Default Office Word 2007 instabilities w/Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker

When opening Office Word 2007 I get an error message "...detected that your
computer has a version of Adobe Acrobat PDF maker that is known to cause
instabilities in Word 2007 (pre-release). To resolve this issue, download an
update from Adobe System's Web site."

I have Adobe Reader 9.1.0, but not sure what Acrobat is being talked
about?!? I have Windows Vista 64-bit; Acrobat.com is noted under Program
Files (X86), but when I click on that icon, I'm taken to a beta version for
Acrobat connect.

Can anyone help? I found something about Adobe PDF Maker Error Message
relative to Office 2003 and Adob Acrobat 5.05, but not what I have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you running a pre-release version of Office 2007?
Did you have an old version of Acrobat that left a PDFMAKER.DOT template
lying around?
Have you updated Acrobat 9 to current spec?

walkshaw wrote:
When opening Office Word 2007 I get an error message "...detected
that your computer has a version of Adobe Acrobat PDF maker that is
known to cause instabilities in Word 2007 (pre-release). To resolve
this issue, download an update from Adobe System's Web site."

I have Adobe Reader 9.1.0, but not sure what Acrobat is being talked
about?!? I have Windows Vista 64-bit; Acrobat.com is noted under
Program Files (X86), but when I click on that icon, I'm taken to a
beta version for Acrobat connect.

Can anyone help? I found something about Adobe PDF Maker Error
Message relative to Office 2003 and Adob Acrobat 5.05, but not what I
have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walkshaw walkshaw is offline

I have Office 2007 for Home & Student which came preinstalled by Dell 4/17,
so as far as I know, it's not a pre-release version. No, this is a brand new
computer which came with Adobe Reader 9 and Acrobat.com. Yes, I did update
Acrobat 9 to the latest version 9.1.0. There's also something called "Air"
listed under the Adobe files (Program Files x86). This problem is only in
Word as far as I know. The error messages appear, I type continue anyway,
and it goes to the program, so it's working. I just want to get rid of the
errors and ensure I don't have something in my system which I shouldn't. I
really appreciate your help of any kind!

walkshaw wrote:
When opening Office Word 2007 I get an error message "...detected
that your computer has a version of Adobe Acrobat PDF maker that is
known to cause instabilities in Word 2007 (pre-release). To resolve
this issue, download an update from Adobe System's Web site."

I have Adobe Reader 9.1.0, but not sure what Acrobat is being talked
about?!? I have Windows Vista 64-bit; Acrobat.com is noted under
Program Files (X86), but when I click on that icon, I'm taken to a
beta version for Acrobat connect.

Can anyone help? I found something about Adobe PDF Maker Error
Message relative to Office 2003 and Adob Acrobat 5.05, but not what I
have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walkshaw walkshaw is offline

I also have another post which might better explain this problem dated right
before this one. I didn't realize I was posting to the same discussion group
- sorry! Regardless, I still need any help I can get. Thanks!

walkshaw wrote:
When opening Office Word 2007 I get an error message "...detected
that your computer has a version of Adobe Acrobat PDF maker that is
known to cause instabilities in Word 2007 (pre-release). To resolve
this issue, download an update from Adobe System's Web site."

I have Adobe Reader 9.1.0, but not sure what Acrobat is being talked
about?!? I have Windows Vista 64-bit; Acrobat.com is noted under
Program Files (X86), but when I click on that icon, I'm taken to a
beta version for Acrobat connect.

Can anyone help? I found something about Adobe PDF Maker Error
Message relative to Office 2003 and Adob Acrobat 5.05, but not what I
have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Now I am totally bemused. The Home and Student issue of Office 2007 I can
understand, but Acrobat Reader does not have any ability to create PDF
files. I have no idea what Acrobat.com is, but I cannot imagine a PC coming
equipped with the full (expensive) version of Acrobat unless you paid extra
to have that, in which case you need to contact Dell support. My feeling is
that you have installed an old version of Acrobat in addition to Reader and
that has added a template add-in to the Word startup folder and it is this
that Word is complaining about.
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm