Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick

Default "Complex" format

Hello,

In the box with the Formats and the Styles, while choosing to see all the
available formats, some have a name like "(Complex) 10 Pt" (for example).

What is the "Complex"?
How change the fonts or paragraphs so that it disappears ?

Thank you for your help.

--
Patrick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=,

In the box with the Formats and the Styles, while choosing to see all the
available formats, some have a name like "(Complex) 10 Pt" (for example).

What is the "Complex"?
How change the fonts or paragraphs so that it disappears ?

Which version of Word is this? Do you perhaps have Asian language support
activated on your system? I believe Complex fonts support languages with
symbols made up of multiple parts (like Chinese or Japanese).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick

Hi,

The version of Word is 2002 (XP).
But I don't understand why Word uses "Complex" format since I don't use
asian languages and fonts.

Thank you.

--
Patrick

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=,

In the box with the Formats and the Styles, while choosing to see all the
available formats, some have a name like "(Complex) 10 Pt" (for example).

What is the "Complex"?
How change the fonts or paragraphs so that it disappears ?

Which version of Word is this? Do you perhaps have Asian language support
activated on your system? I believe Complex fonts support languages with
symbols made up of multiple parts (like Chinese or Japanese).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=,

The version of Word is 2002 (XP).
But I don't understand why Word uses "Complex" format since I don't use
asian languages and fonts.

Sometimes, things get installed without your realizing it; sometimes,
something you do (such as copying from the Internet or installing a tool)
may bring these things "to life".

If the following suggestion doesn't help, you should try asking this in
the
newsgroup.

Windows START/All programs/Microsoft Office XP/Microsoft Office XP
Tools/Microsoft Office XP Language tools (or something similar - you're
looking for "Language Tools"). Check the list of "activated" languages. If
you find anything non-Latin (Vietnamese, Arabic, etc.), remove it from the
list.