Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Samedy Samedy is offline

Default "Cannot find proofing tools for portugese(Brazil)"

Whenever I start doing a spell check I always get this notification "Cannot
find proofing tools for Portuguese(Brazil). If you have the proofing tools,
try installing or re-installing them. Contact your local reseller to obtain
Office Proofing Tools. For more information, see the Microsoft Office Site".

Okay, I don't understand why I am getting this message. All the text I am
writing is in English. I also get this notification message when I take my
files off of my computer and transfer them onto my office computer. I don't
want to install anything on my computer, because I don't NEED Portuguese
tools as I am not Portuguese.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this happens to every document you have, it sounds like your
normal.dot(x) template has gotten its language set to Portuguese. Open
a document, select the whole thing (Ctrl-A), and go to Tools
Language Set Language, and see what it says. Select whichever
language you need it to be. (If you're in Word2007 it's on the ribbon
somewhere.)